Admin Pak install errors
Greg
2007-04-18 19:18:04 UTC
Hi, running LCS2005 Sp1.

I'm trying to load the adminpak for lcsadmin on a win2003 SP1 server. I get
a Error 27711. Error '0x8007041d' stopping service 'winmgmt'. Ive tried this
on server different servers and also on a vista enterprise workstation with
the same results.

Any ideas on how to get the adminpak installed to admin the lcs users?

Thanks,
Greg
Joe Schurman
2007-04-25 01:56:00 UTC
Are these PC's/Servers managed by group policy? Could be a security baseline
issue or scripting violation.
--
Joe Schurman
http://www.whatdouc.com
Greg
Greg
2007-04-25 12:48:04 UTC
Actually I figured it out yesterday. After reading numerous documents from
the MS site and reading blogs from other users, etc. I pieced it all
together. In order to run the install and make it work, I had to open a CMD
prompt, run as administrator, ran the install. Initially, I was getting
additional errors at the end of the install and it would roll back. I
removed the failed install attempts (deleted folder) and tried again and it
completed.

Since I am using UAC, when I clicked on the msi to install, it prompted me
to enter my credentials which elevated my account to admin rights.
Apparently there are some scripts within the install that also required admin
rights. The permissions were not being passed correctly, but when running
through a cmd prompt as admin, it worked.