Communicator 2007 cannot sync address book
Walter
2007-04-10 20:00:00 UTC
The office communicator 2007 client is not synchronizing with address book.

This feature is not working. I have verified that the address book is
synching correctly on the server but it does not sync with communicator.
Communicator gives an error stating "Cannot synchronize address book". There
is also no logging available on the client to help. I have posted questions
in the OCS 2007 forum but to no avail.

Please help! And please do not tell me to review any documentation because
I already have and there is no reference to this or anything related to
communicator problems.

My setup:

Server:
Windows 2003 sp1, x86
OCS 2007

Client:
Windows XP sp2, x86
Communicator 2007
Office 2003
dellis203
2007-04-12 19:24:04 UTC
Hi walter,
are you able to see the files through this url on the internal network?
http://poolname/Share-of-ABS/Int/
if you cant., then it is a problem with IIS.
let me know what the results are.
Dave
--
Please rate my posts! it will help me achieve my MVP in LCS!!
Office 2003
Walter
2007-04-12 20:12:00 UTC
I was wondering about that because I checked that was receving this:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /Abs/Int on this server.

The problem is that I wasnt sure if I was suppose to see that from my
machine. Didnt know it was something to do with application and how they
talk to each other. What am I suppose to see when I go there? Should be
viewed like directory browsing? How do I fix this? I already tried
reinstalling the OCS.
Office 2003
dellis203
2007-04-12 22:56:04 UTC
try turning on directory browsing and see if that helps. it seems to be a
permissions issue if directory browsing doesnt solve the problem. try
adjusting the perms of iis if directory browsing doesnt solve it
Office 2003
Walter
2007-04-12 23:42:02 UTC
Can you send me like a screenshot or something of your IIS tree, I think I
found a problem. There seem to be several virtual directories but I think
there is something wrong with \Abs directory. You can see the folder but the
first time you click it it says "The system cannot find the path specified",
however, after you click off that message you can browse the directory and
see a Ext & Int Virtual Directories. Also, the Abs folder itself just shows
up as a plain folder not a virtual directory and you cannot open the
properties of the folder or turn it into any type of pool or virtual
directory.

Thanks again, and I rated your last post.
Office 2003
Leo Cepeda
2007-10-29 17:51:02 UTC
I have a simmilar problem, what should I be seeing when I browse to that
abs/int path? I get a "Directory listing denide" This Virtual Directory does
not allow contents to be listed error. If I change the directory browing I
then see the handler folder but it doesn't mean much to me.

I still cant retrieve name via the communicator application on win xp pro sp2.
But I can do a lookup via the web based communicator.

Any ideas?

Thanks,